Wednesday 11 May 2016

The wind reached a new hi today...

And excellent night was had at the Big Texan... Steak and fries and a very large strawberry something.  Great company too, Mark the other biker on the site and a couple from Namibia with their son Ben....    We had a few beers.. And then the limo took us back to the camp site.....   Slept ok but with wind got up again.   I had trouble packing the tent it was something bad...   And it was freezing here too..... Against my better judgement I headed off towards the Cadillac Ranch on the I-40.. To be frank I was very scared... The side winds where the worst yet....  I kept bumping into "storm chasers" - follow me I thought.....  I took a very quick look at the Cadillac Ranch as it was so small, full of HD riders riding en mass with support vehicle, very windy and so so cold....  and I was in now mood to stop.... I was so close to giving up there and then....   Rode some more and then had to stop at a quiet Subway for a coffee and put on another layer...

After that the wind slowed a bit... We then passed into New Mexico... And I am now sitting having a coffee at Tucumcari listening to Adele .....  Next is to head for La Vegas and Santa Fee....